About this Event
In Leeds we have over 50 memory cafes and a wide range of Dementia Friendly activities and support groups, and this event was an opportunity to:
- Share learning and best practice
- Find out what resources and support are available
- Discuss challenges and current barriers
- Join the Dementia Friendly network and connect with other organisations/memory cafes in the city
- Become a Digital Champion and find out ways you can introduce digital technology into your activities to support people living with Dementia
Download the presentation (amalgamation of all speakers)
Leeds Older People’s Forum
Find out how your community, organisation, group or activity can become Dementia Friendly. Hear from Leeds Older People’s Forum and Time to Shine about the support available to you and gain an awareness of what other activities and sessions are available in Leeds to connect with.
- Sign up to be an Age Friendly Ambassador
- Sign up as an Age and Dementia Friendly Organisation
- Find out more about Age Proud Leeds
100% Digital Leeds
Discover how100% Digital Leeds have delivered the NHS Widening Participation Dementia Pathfinderproject trialling digital technology for people living with Dementia and their Carers. Hear from organisations that have now embedded digital into their activities and are using iPads and Virtual Reality for reminiscence therapy.
The Alzheimer’s Society
Hear from The Alzheimer’s Societyabout the projects and support they provide in Leeds for people living with dementia.
Nicky Taylor from Leeds Playhouse will be sharing how they’re proud to be a dementia-friendly theatre and promote their creative sessions and upcoming theatre performances.
Voluntary Action Leeds: Funding Advice
Find out about funding available for your dementia café and activities you want to deliver, from Voluntary Action Leeds. Keep track of funding sources by searching on the Funding Leeds website, get tips on what you need in place to successfully access funds, and find out where you can get support.
Download the welcome pack:
- VAL – Funding for projects in Leeds March 2020
- Age Friendly Apps List
- Details of Memory Cafes in Leeds
- Skills Share Marketplace Listing