What is the group?
A partnership network of third sector organisations led by Forum Central and supported by 100% Digital Leeds.
What is its purpose?
To improve digital inclusion and participation for people with sensory impairments, supporting the ambition to make Leeds the most digitally inclusive city for everyone.
Our areas of work:
1. Coordination and cross-promotion of work
- What’s happening and what’s missing
- Citywide understanding of specific barriers and issues
- Awareness of best practice and common challenges
- Opportunities regarding funding, local and national initiatives, and partnership working
- New research and policies
- Feedback or learning from programmes and projects
3. Training and skills
- Increasing awareness of support for people facing barriers to doing things online
- Developing accessible programmes of support/training to improve skills in a person-centred way
- Improving representation of people with sensory impairments when it comes to doing things online
- Greater awareness of support and solutions
5. Acting as a combined force for inclusion
- Sharing best practice locally and nationally
- Collaboration to achieve systems-level change
- Campaigning for greater accessibility
To find out more or to join the network contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sensory Impairment Digital Inclusion Working Group partners include:
- Age UK Leeds
- Association for Blind Asians
- Deafblind UK
- Forum Central
- Healthwatch Leeds
- Leeds Hearing & Sight Loss BID Service
- Leeds Museums and Galleries
- Leeds Society for Deaf and Blind People
- William Merritt Centre